Terms and Conditions
Petals Agency is a trading style of The Child Care and First Aid Company Ltd
- These terms and conditions of business are between Petals Agency (hereinafter referred to as PA) and the client.
- There will be no variation of these terms unless confirmed in writing by FA. The client is the person who has signed the agreement.
- All personal details that are given to PA are confidential.
- In relation to au pairs, nannies, babysitters and mothers help PA effects the introduction. Fees are for introduction only and PA cannot be held responsible if the applicant should stay for a shorter period than agreed.
- PA takes great care in checking the applicant’s details and all introductions and placements are based on applicants that have been thoroughly vetted and carefully selected through our application process and interview.
- PA does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage resulting from the introduction or provision of services.
- In relation to au pairs, if the applicant fails to arrive or leaves within 14 days, PA will offer a substitution within 14 days of being notified in writing. If there is no replacement available, the fee will be refunded less £85 administration charges. If the client decides not to accept the replacement, the fee will not be refunded. There will be no refund, if the client appoints an applicant from another source before 14 days. Refunds will be made if PA has been notified in writing within 5 days of selecting or if the invoice has been paid within 7 days of receipt.
- All applicants are entitled to 2 weeks notification of termination of employment. Failure to comply with this condition would result in the automatic loss of entitlement to refund. In cases of serious misconduct by applicant or client, either party may terminate immediately. If au pairs departure is as a result of the client’s misconduct there is no obligation for PA to refund.
- PA must be notified in writing within 4 weeks if the placement is unsatisfactory.The client is responsible for obtaining any work permits (if necessary) and adhering to medical or safety requirements as set out by the law.Working hours and pay should be clearly set out by the client in the family application form, invitation letter and contract.Au pairs must be paid a minimum of £60 per week and au pair+ a minimum of £70 per week.
- If the applicant is directly or indirectly introduced to any other family or employer by the client, the client is liable for the full fees if the appointment is engaged.
- The client must pay the fee on acceptance of the applicant. If the fee is not received within 7 days, a charge of £50 will be added to the placement fee.
- Clients must have a routine in place for the applicant, and be able to demonstrate what they are required to do so the applicant has a clear understanding of their duties.
- Au pairs must be treated as a full member of the family and have the opportunity to take part in family life.
- Au pairs must have their own room.
- There will be no refund or substitution made if the applicant leaves and sites abuse from the client or non-payment of wages.
- All applicants must be treated fairly and in an acceptable manner.
PA’s fees are as follows:
Temporary / Summer Au pair- £85
Au pair- £150
Mothers Help- £150
- All babysitters provided by PA, have attended an interview, are CRB checked and have had references verified.
- All bookings must be made through PA. If there is any direct contact between parties they will both be removed from PA's register.
- Cancellations must be made within 24 hours although exceptional circumstances will be taken into consideration.
- If a cancellation is made in less than 24 hours a one off charge of £10 will be incurred.
- PA's fee is £5, which is due to the agency on receipt of invoice.
- All bookings are for a minimum of 3 hours.
Nannies are generally flexible in their approach to work but it is essential that employers and nannies have a written contract before work commences. Any contract made should include;
- Clear description of the nanny's duties
- The agreed start date
- Pay including whether paid weekly or monthly
- Hours of work
- Sick pay
- Notice periods of termination of employment.
- PCFA charge a flat introduction fee of £250 for all nanny placements. Please note that this fee has no bearing on the wage that you will pay the employee.
- The full fee is due within receipt of the invoice.
- An independent contract between the client and employee should be made confirming the engagement and detailing the duties expected the salary and free time allocated.
- A temporary placement is one that does not exceed 12 weeks.
- PA charges a fee of £80 for each week or part of that the candidate is booked for.
- If a temporary candidate is employed for more than 12 weeks, the full fee is applicable.
- Please note, a booking of one week or under will be charged as one week.
Replacements and Refunds
- Regarding permanent placements, in the unlikely event of the permanent placement not being a success within the first 12 weeks, PA will endeavour to find a free replacement within 4 weeks of the nanny's departure.
- Replacements and refunds will not be given if the position differs from the information that was originally given to PA on registration, or is not consistent with the individual agreement made between the client and employee.
- There will be no replacement or refund after the 12 week period has expired.
- PA must be notified in writing within 4 weeks if the placement is unsatisfactory.
- Refunds and replacements are only applicable if payment terms have been met and PCFA has been informed of the termination of employment within 48 hrs.
PA’s fees are as follows:
Permanent nanny: £250
Temporary nanny: £80 per week
The Child care and First Aid Company endeavours to provide the client with as much information as possible regarding the Au pair or Nanny and will aim to provide the client with as much information as possible about the applicant. However it is the client’s responsibility to satisfy yourself and are strongly advised to also check documentation and details personally.
PA reserves the right to use its professionalism and discretion when dealing with any matter that may arise that has not been covered in the above terms and conditions.